Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Inception


A surreal, bizarre, action-filled and amazing ride into mind after mind.

Cobb has a very special area of expertise, he's an extractor, a person who infiltrates your dreams and steals your secrets. It's the most versatile weapon, information is power, and Cobb has the skills to get any intel in the world, no matter where it may be. Working closely with Arthur, an 'architect', a person who designs dreams, he works for different companies, mostly doing industrial espionage. Arthur makes the dreams, Cobb goes in and finds the intel. It may seem like a good, well-payed, work but Cobb is not only fighting mega-corporations, he's fighting his own emotions. All he dreams about is going back home, but he can't.

Remember when he was just a boy? 
When Cobb gets a chance to go home, he doesn't hesitate for a second, but gets working right away. One last job, the job of jobs. Inception. To implant an idea into someones mind, instead of extracting it. Cobb assembles his team, and starts working. The plan is to convince a corporation owner to sell out his whole company, not for anyones personal monetary gain, but for the greater good. As we go deeper into the mind of the subject, we does also go deeper into Cobb, and we find out why he can't go home, why he needs Arthur to make the dreams and why Inception is so hard.

This movie is not people who over analyze movies, because I can guarantee you that this movie will suck for you. If you on the other hand take it for what it is, a movie, you'll love it to death. It has everything a good movie should have, great actors, good character development, an awesome story, a lot of action balanced with a lot of romance, emotion and you're somehow able to relate to people in this movie(really, how did that work out?).

Even if you don't think that this is your kind of movie, I'll still recommend you to watch it. The reason is, it's so immensely popular that if you ever find yourself in a conversation talking about this movie you kind of need a response. I think this is one of the few movies that needs to be seen, no matter your preference(kind of like The Shawshank Redemption or Schindler's list).

Next up is Waking life, as some people suggested it in comments. I'm still accepting suggestions, and I'll get to every single one that comes in before starting my Bale streak. So, suggest more people!

And as always, you can buy it right here, 17.94 for the Blu-ray one!
Inception Blu-ray

29 comments:

  1. Love the blog work! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. MUST SEE for every human person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i'm one of the only two people in the world not to have seen this film, may just have to see it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this movie, so DAMN good! Following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather good... I will watch it

    and follow your blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol i saw the "inception" then the "2" and almost shit my pants

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched this movie 4 times
    and I fell asleep 3 of those times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this movie, damn good.


    Following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inception was GREAT! Will follow this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inception 2! i hope its nt as shit a s.darko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good review,and it is a great movie great Special effects and KATSUMOTO is great (Ken Watanabe is Katsumoto or Saito in this movie)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watch the movie! I can recommend it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this movie. The dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. Haha it was pretty trippy. The ending left me hanging as it was intended to keep you thinking about the movie, but I still loved it, 10/10 from me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend just got the blu ray today, i think i will borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this movie multiple times. Great watch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review, gave me a better understanding of the movie, I still need to see it though. Good thing I don't over analyze movies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the quick review! I'll be renting Inception this weekend. My husband has a grudge against DiCaprio, but that's his problem!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't actually followed any of the hype that was surrounding this movie before its launch. Was pretty damn blown away when I finally did see it and I think not following the hype really helped with that because I had no expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked that movie a lot, from the plot until the actors the movie and it's atmosphere are great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice, I wonder what the end tries to signify? Is it real? Or Cobb's still dreaming?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great movie, no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really enjoyed this movie; Waking Life is great too, looking forward to your review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i fell asleep the two times i tried to watch this lol..

    ReplyDelete